What is a Website (And Why Does Your Business Need One)?
We’re a far cry from the days where phone books and yellow pages were a daily necessity. Today, it seems like everyone and anyone has a website. But how did we arrive at this new normal? How did websites become the new calling card? What is a website today anyway?
For small businesses especially it has become a fact of life and an incredibly helpful tool in developing brand awareness and loyalty. Fact is, there are many benefits of having a website for your small business. Here’s why yours could do with one too:
- Increases credibility.Everyone likes transparency and your customers are no different. Today,consumers expect companies to have a web presenceand might be turned off by businesses that don’t. Additionally, professional contact details are often a customer’s quickest way of vetting a company’s legitimacy at-a-glance. With a website, you can create your own custom email addition a touch of professionalism to your address.
- Extends your reach.Studies show that,in 2017 over half of humanity will be online. That means that your website has the potential to reach billions of people, some of which are potential customers. Especially if you have products to sell, a brick and mortar shop just can’t compare to the power, accessibility and visibility of a digital storefront. Your website can extend well beyond the local market and appeal to clients on a global scale.
- Cost effective.Unlike a physical retailer or print advertisement a website is always open, always available, and can be updated with the click of a button. Considering its reach, websites are endlessly more cost effective, especially if you use awebsite concierge service, which can save you both precious time and money, turning your website into an affordable commodity instead of a large investment.
- Great communication tool.Think of your business website as an online brochure or catalogue. You can use it to keep your clients up to date and informed about your company. Yet, in contrast to other media, you are able to use many different ways of communicating and engaging your customer base including videos. Plus, websites are great networking tools and a way for others to get in touch with you.
- Effective customer service.Since most customers nowadays expect you to have website, not having one is doing them a disservice that might drive them to the competition. In addition to that, you can create a lot of extra value for consumers by providing additional information such as FAQs, press releases, tips on how to use your products and much more.
As you can see, there are endless reasons to have a invest a little in building a site. What is a website if notthecommunication tool the 21st century? Businesses who are not present online are sure to miss out on a lot of opportunities, visibility, and ultimately, customers.